There's a whole Galaxy of stuff on the right, don't be scared to explore it!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Don't get your hopes up

Dear Reader,

If you read my blog regularly then you will know I have RA (look on the sidebar for the full name. I don't feel like spelling it; I never want to read or write those words again), a disease that makes my joints swell and has taken away almost everything I love (e.g. ballet and acting).

I've had this for over a year now (happy anniversary, eh?) and... well, I've forgotten what it feels like to feel no pain.

It feels great.

My knees! They aren't swollen underneath the kneecaps anymore! They aren't! My thumb joint is smaller than my father's, smaller even than my mother's! And the 'balls' of my hands, right by the pointer finger, are almost normal!

My ankles still hurt... I suppose I currently have an 'Achille's Heel'... but the main point is: I think I'm getting better... I hope, I pray, I beg and plead that I am becoming well.

What is making me feel better? Well, I haven't had any type of fruit for a week and a half and I haven't had sugar in much, much longer. I've been trying to eat as healthy as possible so I can get well and I think.... I hope it's making me better.

Right now, just so you all know, I have the beginnings of a cold. My brothers, Mother, and Sister have had/are having it, so I should have known it was only a matter of time, but I was really hoping I wouldn't get it. Aw well. Anyhow, I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

But back to the subject at hand... I feel better. My knees feel better. Maybe... just maybe my life will be back to normal in the summer, and this is a tale I can tell my grandchildren.

But right now, everyone reading this, please wish me well, and hope with me.


Galaxy

6 comments:

Froggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Froggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Froggy said...

I'm so happy! I hope you feel entirely better soon! :)

P.S. Sorry about those deleted comments - that was me...

Galaxy said...

Thank you so much, Froggy! I hope so too!

Thanks for letting me know!

Froggy said...

:)

Froggy said...

Oh, but sorry about the cold.