There's a whole Galaxy of stuff on the right, don't be scared to explore it!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Birthday, 09

I wanted to post this in September, but now I'm realizing that I'm running out of time, so here's the gist of it RIGHT NOW:


  1. Over View: This year I decided not to have a party or anything; just hang out with my family and the like. We tidied up the house a bit the day before, and Nana came over for a while to visit. It was fun.
  2. Cake: For cake I had sweetpotato pudding (made with sweetpotatoes, pineapple, orange juice and walnuts blended together) on a yummy nut crust (more of a 'pie', I suppose) with candles that spelled 'Happy Birthday!' and one musical one that played the tune. It was wonderful! For other yummy things I also had my heart's content of watermelon, along with a chocolate (or was it carob...?) pudding that was more than divine. All in all, the food was wonderful.
  3. Movies: I spent quite a bit of time trying to pick out the movies I wanted to watch, but eventually I chose A Knight's Tale. Mom and Dad had previously watched it, and I enjoyed it very much. It was really, really sweet at this one point... but he so should have ended up with the blacksmith! That other girl was LAME!
  4. Board Game: Nana took the boys outside and the rest of the fam and I played a Sherlock Holmes board game. It was loads of fun, and, for once, Mommy didn't win (she always gets those games of deduction); Daddy did. I'm pretty sure she had the answer; he just beat her back to the 'start' space.
  5. Presents: Originally I wasn't going to have presents this year, but it ended up a little differently. A couple days before my birthday my parents gave me an old computer they had put together themselves a long time ago, the day directly before they gave me the AWESOMEST keyboard ever as well as a nice mouse, and ON my birthday I got a notebook, a USB port, special headphones for my MP3 player, and Dear Sister gave me a bookmark that she had made herself--a pretty blue gem on a blue string with nice beads.
  6. SUNFLOWERS: As I may or may not have mentioned, Sunflowers are my favorite flowers ever. It's nearly impossible to be upset when Sunflowers are in the room, and they make me so, so happy! I'll post more about them later, but you get the gist. Anyhow, when I was at Costco I saw this great big beautiful bouquet, and Dear Sister bought it for me on the spot so I could have it for my day! It made me so happy, but they died a little more quickly than I would have hoped... oh well, they were more than wonderful while they lasted.




All in all I had an absolutely wonderful birthday, hanging out with family and watching TV and just plain goofing around. This all took place September 7th, 2009, when I turned exactly 14 years old.

Happy birthday, Galaxy!


ME

1 comment:

Froggy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! I agree, sunflowers are wonderful!