There's a whole Galaxy of stuff on the right, don't be scared to explore it!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Six and Sick

Well, as you probably know with all of my birthday posts, my birthday is in six days. I'm very very excited, but I almost wish that it wasn't because yesterday Brother1 & 2, Dear Sister, and myself caught a cold.

As you most likely know if you're a regular reader of my blog, my Clan has just recovered from a really bad case of food poisoning/stomach flew/something really bad that makes you throw-up and it's kind of upsetting to be caught up in a cold right after we get over it... Oh well. Life goes on. At least I still have five days to recover (yes, it's six days until my birthday but I'm going to see a really awesome Broadway-style musical on the 6th and then I'm going to see that Movie Dear Sister and I made with some friends so I want to be healthy by then).

Even though I was feeling sick this morning, I still had enough energy to make some pancakes. Unfortunately, after I mixed the dry ingredients it turned out that we didn't have any apple sauce! Mom said I should substitute it with pumpkin, and I did... It was a real pain trying to cook the pancakes as the batter starts to cook the moment it touches the pan (if it's made with pumpkin, that is) and it was so thick and goopy that it was virtually impossible to spread it around...
Still, by some miracle the pancakes turned out absolutely delicious--even better than the original!--and we ate them with strawberries and maple syrup (mixed with soy milk, cinnamon, and vanilla). Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I just thought I'd post about this.

(another random something to post) Every time Dear Sister and I get sick, (at least sick in the sense where you can't talk without hurting your throat) I realise how close we are. We can just talk, without talking, and know what the other means just by looking at one another, and we can sign things, or just lip-sync... Even Mom or Dad can have troubles with what we're saying, but I can almost always get it, and she can as well. It's just really nice to know that you're bonded with someone like that. It makes me happy.

Anyway, I guess that's it!!! Wish me well!


Galaxy

No comments: