There's a whole Galaxy of stuff on the right, don't be scared to explore it!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Red Rose and Piano

A long time ago, I took up the Violin. I still think it's one of the most beautiful sounding instruments in the world, but I wasn't able to keep up with it... The teacher we had loved was replaced, and things just kept coming up until it had been quite a few years since I played a note on that wonderful instrument.


Dear Sister and I have a band--Red Rose--and we have some pretty cool songs down. Unfortunately, we don't have any music, just vocals. Rose started learning guitar recently, and we were hoping she could play for our band. As lovely as a guitar sounds, we both thought there should be something more... I'm not sure exactly how it was brought up, but somehow, we all ('we all' being my family and I) started thinking about me learning to play piano... and it just so happens that Dear Sister's and my Singing Instructor also teaches that instrument! It was so convenient we couldn't resist, and now I'm learning to play. It's really confusing, trying to get my hands to play different parts, but I think I'm getting it! Hopefully Rose and I will get good enough with our respective instruments that we can actually write some music for our songs... maybe I'll post one, one of these days...

With love,


Galaxy

1 comment:

Jessica B said...

Hey, I tried learning to play the piano a while back...I haven't done it in a while, and I bet the only note I know is middle C! Hope you like it!