There's a whole Galaxy of stuff on the right, don't be scared to explore it!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Harps

I started writing another book that had to do with a harp, so I looked up 'harp' on youtube to see how it sounded. Now I'm obsessed with them. They're just so... so pure, clear, lovely... it sounds like so many instruments, so whole... Here are some of my favorite youtube videos I've found having to do with harps:











I just love how the harpists' fingers look like they're dancing... I love how their hands move like a ballerina's. I love how each string echoes eerily, lovely, magically... This is the first instrument I have heard to rival the violin--to me, at least. I love it.

Unfortunately, harps are really expensive, and where are you supposed to find someone to teach you? I probably wouldn't stick with it anyways. Look what happened with piano (of course, my instructor did die, so I suppose it wasn't entirely my fault).


Galaxy

No comments: