There's a whole Galaxy of stuff on the right, don't be scared to explore it!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Sweet Potato Pudding

Everyone in my family loves sweetpotatoes (id est, Dear Sister, Brother1 and Mommy), or is at least indifferent to them (id est, Daddy and Brother2)... except me. I gag on sweetpotatoes and I can't--literally, for some strange reason I can't--choke down more than a few bites. Don't ask me why; I don't get it myself...


...and that's why it's so ironic that out of this whole family of sweetpotato lovers no one loves sweetpotato pudding half as much as I do. So that's why you must try it (just to warn you, if you eat a lot of sugar on a regular basis than this will not be as good to you as it is to me, but if you haven't had something too sweet in a while you will love this). The best part is that this is good for you, as sweetpotatoes are actually some of the best possible things that you could eat, so you can have it as much and as often as you like!


I've written how we make it here:


INGREDIENTS:
  1. 1 large or two small-ish sweetpotatoes (I cannot stress enough how imperative it is to have SWEETPOTATOES and NOT yams. Yams are orange on the inside, sweetpotatoes are more off-white; trust me, this will NOT turn out good if you use yams).
  2. 6-8 pieces of pineapple; more or less to taste
  3. 1/4 cup orange juice (I'd start with a little less and add more or less to taste)
  4. 2 handfuls of walnuts

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Cook the sweetpotatoes by placing them in an oven at 350 degrees for one hour. Check on them then by poking them with a fork; if they aren't a near pudding-like texture leave them in longer. Sometimes they can take two or more hours to finish. Once you've cooked them just peel off the skin; it should be easy if you've baked them long enough.
  2. Place the sweetpotato, pineapple, orange juice and walnuts in a blender. Blend it all together for 30-ish seconds, stop, and then stir. Repeat this until the pudding looks white-ish and is creamy.
  3. Taste and add more of anything you think it needs more of; it's near impossible to get it just right.
  4. Bon appetite!

Warning: DO NOT USE YAMS--USE SWEETPOTATOES!!!

Honestly, this stuff is divine!--and this is from someone who hates sweetpotatoes!


Galaxy

1 comment:

Froggy said...

I must try it sometime! Thank you for posting the recipe!