There's a whole Galaxy of stuff on the right, don't be scared to explore it!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Review: Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End

The day before yesterday I watched that movie, I'd seen the first and that's one of my favorite movies, I'd seen the second and thought that was really bad; here's my review of the third:

Story: The story line was very hard to follow, it started some where that had almost nothing to do with the ending of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, I never fully understood what was going on and it was very vague. It was about 2 hours to long and had an awful ending... Will could only see Elizabeth one day out of TEN YEARS! It wasn't even poetical. Not only was the story hard to follow, but it just wasn't any good, and there wasn't much of it... 80% of the movie was fluff.

Quality: Several of the effects looked pretty bad to me, and the light hearted humor that made me love the first was non-existent, the humor that was there was very mean spirited, I suppose there were a couple of funny points, but they were only copies of the first, in other words, they were the same jokes!

Acting Quality: All in all, it didn't impress me.

Violence: The beginning of the movie was watching dozens of people getting hanged, you saw them walk on, you saw the noose put around their neck, you saw the lever pulled, then you saw their feet fall through. They even had a boy get hanged, though you didn't see the feet fall. For every one minute of non-violence, there were five of violence. It made me sick. And even when the pirates won (I'd say the good guys, but there weren't really good or bad guys in the movie), when you should be going "YEAH!!!" they show this clip that took away the sweet taste of victory.

Recommendations: The type of people I would recommend this movie to is NO ONE.

Over All Rating (out of 10): 1

1 comment:

persimmon said...

finally got logged in